Starting a new business is a lot of work and can get quite overwhelming at times. It is important to make sure you do everything the right way though, and following laws and regulations where you live is one of the most important things to remember. Spending the time to learn about each step in starting a business is the first thing you need to do, and if you do not have time you should consult someone who can assist you with all of the legalities and other important things you need to know. Just jumping into starting a business without having a clue of what needs to be done will only cause problems down the road and these are problems you do not want to deal with. Here are 15 blog posts discussing some of the most common mistakes that are made while starting up a business, hopefully you can find some of the answers you are looking for in this handy list.
- Four Common Mistakes of Business Start-Ups – Here are some of the most common mistakes that people make when starting a new business, read, learn, and avoid these.
- 7 biggest mistakes of business startups – This is a post from the Microsoft business blog talking about how your first year of running a new business will chart a steep learning curve. No matter how careful or knowledgeable you try to be, mistakes will happen. Get used to the idea.
- The 5 Most Common Mistakes Made By Startups – here are some more mistakes that are very common among entrepreneurs while they are going through their start up periods.
- 5 Fatal Mistakes That Hold Back Start-up Business Owners – Some small business owners often loose opportunities because of bad habits and not recognizing that certain things must be in place before they start marketing their products and services.
- Most Common Early Start-up Mistakes – here are some of the most common mistakes that you should strive really hard to avoid, if you cannot make any of these mistakes then you are on the right track to success right from the get go.
- Mistakes startups make (and you should avoid) – Startups are high risk. They are hard. At the early stages, it’s 2-5 people against the world with constrained resources. You need to grow to stay alive.
- Starting a Business – More of The Most Common Mistakes to Avoid – The majority of people starting a new business are going to make mistakes, it is very common because some things can be confusing. Learning about many of the most common mistakes beforehand can help you be one of the few that makes none.
- 10 Common Mistakes That Startup and Small Companies Make – Young companies have small margins for error. Mistakes made early on can sink a company before its gets off the ground. Below is a list of 10 common mistakes made by young, small companies.
- 5 credit mistakes startups should avoid – Credit and financial mistakes can really hurt a company, especially if they take out more of a loan than they can afford. Think things through beforehand, figure out how much you need to get up and running and only take that amount.
- Five Common Startup Money Mistakes – here are 5 of the most common money mistakes that startups make, avoid these mistakes at all costs and spend extra time figuring out your financial situation to save money down the road.
- The Most Expensive Mistakes A Small Business Owner Can Make – There are many big mistakes you make as a startup that could really hurt your business in the long run, avoiding some of these common yet big mistakes can make all the difference.
- 4 Common Branding Mistakes Startups Make – Branding can be extremely important for any company, and making mistakes that can hurt your brand can become quite costly, so here are some common branding mistakes you can avoid.
- Ten common start-up bookkeeping mistakes – Bookkeeping need not be complicated if you start off on the right foot. Tim Haggard of My Bookkeeping Online explains where start-ups often go wrong when doing their books in this helpful blog post.
- Avoid Common Errors That May Hurt Your Start-up Venture – Another post with some great advice regarding mistakes that can be made while starting a small business, knowing and avoiding these mistakes is crucial to your company’s success.
- Common Mistakes when Writing a Business Plan – Your business plan is an important part of getting your company off the ground, so give your business plan extra time and attention and make sure everything is laid out perfectly to increase your chances of success.
Image Credits: LakeMartinVoice