If you own your own business or even if you are just part of a management team at a business than you will most likely be someone’s manager or boss, and being in that position is not always as easy as it may seem. You need to know how to manage people with all different types of personalities that come from all different walks of life, and you also need to be able to make tough decisions sometimes. There are many people that are not in this type of position that think it is easy, but in reality it is much harder than you would think. There are courses you can take at many colleges and there are also many excellent books you can read to help you adjust to managing people, but there are also many great places online where you can learn just as much from people who have years of real world experience at being a boss or manager. Below are 15 blog posts that discuss some things you can do to be the best boss that you can be.
- How to Be a Good Manager: 8 Quick Tips – Here are 8 quick tips that can get you started on being a better manager, following these simple tips will have you well on your way to being loved by your employees.
- How to Be a Good Boss – Here are some more great tips from an owner of 5 small businesses and he gives some great advice on things you should and shouldn’t do as a good boss.
- What Makes a Good Leader – Here is an excellent post that discusses many of the qualities and attributes that someone needs to make a good manager or boss.
- 5 Signs You Are a Great Boss – This post covers some of the main qualities that a good boss should have, if you are a boss and do not have skills in these areas than this post will help you know what area you need to work on in order to be the best boss you can be.
- Google’s 8 Rules for Being a Good Manager – Here is some great advice from one of the biggest companies in the world: Google! In this post you will find some more great ways to improve yourself and become the manager you and those under your authority want you to be.
- The 6 main qualities that make a Manager a good one – Here are 6 of the most important qualities that it takes to be a good manager, learning to master these qualities on the job will help you become an amazing manager that your employees respect.
- 10 Qualities of a Leader—and How to Acquire Them – Being a good manager does not just happen instantly, it requires learning, listening, and adapting. Here are 10 qualities that you should try to possess if you want to be a good boss.
- 5 Characteristics of Good Bosses – Here is another nice post discussing 5 more characteristics that a good boss should have, following the steps here as well as in all of the other blog posts listed here will make you one of the best bosses there could be.
- Leadership vs. Management: Characteristics of a Leader – Being a manager and being a leader are two different things, this post discusses that and also gives advice on being a better leader, and that is the best type of manager you can be.
- What you will need to be a good manager – Here is another excellent post on different skills and attributes that it takes to be a good manager; once you get most of these down you should have minimal problems.
- Character and Traits in Leadership – Another batch of excellent traits an individual must possess to become a great leader and manager.
- Management Tips to be a Good Manager – Even more great tips and advice can be found in this post, the site also has a lot of other good information that can help you be successful as a manager and as a true leader.
- Seven Qualities of a Good Leader – How often have you heard the comment, “He or she is a born leader?” There are certain characteristics found in some people that seem to naturally put them in a position where they’re looked up to as a leader.
- Management Styles – This is a nice little post that discusses different management styles, take a look and find out what type of manager you are.
- How a Good Boss Responds to Mistakes – This is the last one in the list, and another good one. This post discusses how a good manager should handle mistakes by employees and there are also links to some other great posts that can help you become a great boss or manager.
Image Credits: Kumar Appaiah