As you use BusinessInsurance.org, you may want to know what personal information we collect and how it is used. This privacy statement details those practices. We may update it from time to time, too, so we encourage you to come back to this page periodically for the most up-to-date information.
What We Collect
We may collect the following personal information from you during your use of BusinessInsurance.org:
- Contact Information (name, email address, mailing address, phone number)
- Demographic information (education level, gender, zip code)
- Computer information (IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system)
How We Use It
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with insurance quotes for your small business
- Send you requested information on business insurance
- Respond to any customer service requests, questions, and concerns
- Send you a newsletter or marketing communications
- Conduct our own research and analysis
- Improve our website and assess the needs of our users
- Improve our marketing efforts
If at any point you no longer wish to receive marketing information or newsletters from us, you can unsubscribe following the instructions included in email communications.
Who We Share It With
We may share your personal information with third-party companies, but only for use in the ways that are outlined in this privacy statement. We also may share your personal information with companies that provide us with services, such as an email service delivery or customer service, to assist with our business activities. And in instances where we are required by law to disclose your personal information, such as a subpoena or similar legal process, we will share your information when we believe that it is necessary to protect your safety, the safety of others, and our rights; investigate fraud; or respond to a government order in the event that BusinessInsurance.org is undergoing a merger, acquisition, or sale of its assets to a third party, with your consent to do so.
Who Can Contact You
When you submit your personal information to BusinessInsurance.org, you are making an inquiry. This inquiry grants us, our affiliated entities, and third-party marketing partners/vendors to contact you, including via telephone for a limited amount of time. If the number you provide us with appears on any state and/or federal Do Not Call lists, we still have the permission to contact you because inquiries are exceptions to Do Not Call requirements.
Effective on August 21, 2012