Worker’s Compensation Resources
Workers’ compensation is a type of insurance that provides employees who have been hurt on the job with compensation medical care. This compensation medical care is in exchange for the employee’s right to sue the employer for negligence. The bargain is the trade-off between the lack of recourse and limited coverage. Although plans are different between each jurisdiction, provisions can be made that allow for compensation that is paid on a weekly basis, for economic loss and for medical expenses.
- U.S. Department of Labor: Workers’ Compensation: Information on workers’ compensation from the United States Department of Labor.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Government agency that provides detailed information on all aspects related to labor and working.
- Disability: Government resource that connects the disability community to opportunities and information.
- State Workers’ Compensation Offices: Information about worker’s compensation by state.
- Department of the Interior: Federal Employee’s Compensation Act: Federal information as it related to government employees and worker’s compensation.
- Social Security Administration: Social Security Handbook: Information from the SSA about the reduction that offsets workers’ compensation and other benefits.
- Internal Revenue Service: Wages, Salaries and Other Earnings: Tax information provided by the IRS including workers’ compensation.
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management: Information regarding the Office of Worker’s Compensation Programs (OWCP).
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: The Injured Workers’ Resource Site: Guide and articles on information of workers’ compensation.
- State of New York: Governor’s Office of Employee Relations: Information for employees including exactly what workers’ compensation is and what you are entitled to.
- Lawyers: Workers’ Comp Benefits FAQs: Frequently asked questions to workers’ compensation.
- NOLO Legal Solutions: Workers’ Compensation Benefits FAQ: Frequently asked questions on workers’ compensation benefits.
- The Legal Aid Society – Employment Law Center: Wokers’ Compensation for Federal Employees: Information for federal employees on the laws and regulations of workers’ compensation.
- Workers’ Compensation Resources: Comprehensive resource list of workers’ compensation information.
- Workers’ Compensation: National site providing information and news for employees and employers.
- U.S. Legal Forms: Workers’ Compensation Forms: Source for downloadable forms separated by state.
- SFM: General Workers’ Compensation: Resource catalog for workers’ compensation.
- HR Hero: State-Specific Workers’ Comp Products: Workers’ compensation products available by state.
- Lexis Nexis: Workers’ Compensation Law Community: Community dedicated to information and resources on workers’ compensation.
- FindLaw: Workers’ Compensation for Employers: Information and additional resources to more information on workers’ compensation for employers.
- United States Virgin Island Department of Labor: Workers’ Compensation: Informational resource for employers in the United States Virgin Islands.
- Business: Workers’ Compensation: Information on workers’ comp and how to comply with the laws.
Occupational Safety and Health
- Occupational Health and Safety Online: Online information site for occupational health and safety.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration: Site provided from the United States Department of Labor as a resource for occupational safety and health information.
- Centers for Disease Control: National Institute for Occupational Health and Safety: Resourceful site provided by the CDC for a variety of tops on occupational safety and health.
- Occupational Safety and Health Network: Gateway for safety and health information resources.
- Career Overview: Occupational Health and Safety Specialist and Technician: Career information for health and safety specialists and technicians.
- Worksafe: Resource site for safety, health and justice workers.
- Sloan Career Cornerstone Center: Occupational Health and Safety Specialist and Technician Overview: Information about the field, positions and professional organizations of occupational health and safety.
- Council on Certification of Health, Environmental and Safety Technologists: Official site to the CCHEST.
- Ohio State University: The Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970: PDF document discussing the act of 1970 from the OSHA.
- U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission: Link to the official site for the United States Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission.
- U.S. Department of Commerce: Workers’ Compensation Resources: Workers’ compensation resources from the Office of the Secretary at the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- NCCI: Workers’ Compensation Resource: Comprehensive data on workers’ compensation.
- Duke University Human Resources: Workers’ Compensation: Employee and manager information on workers’ compensation.
- Cornell University Law School: Workers’ Compensation: Overview and additional resources from Cornell University Law School on workers’ compensation.
- WorkCompCentral: Informational portal on news, training and information on workers’ compensation.
- Workplace Fairness: General information about workers’ compensation.
- FECA: Compensation for Work Injuries: Additional information as provided by the Federal Employee’s Compensation Act (FECA).
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: Document from the EEOC the covers workers’ compensation and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- All Business: Workplace Health and Safety: Tips about maintaining a healthy and safe workplace environment.